Click on an icon above to learn about projects on that road.
To reduce delays caused by disabled vehicles and accidents on Tampa Bay interstate highways, wrecker services (Road Rangers) are patrolling urban interstate areas every day of the week. The service is free to those who are assisted. Our drivers are there to assist you in time of need to ensure your safety. Please, do not offer tips to our drivers.
Road Rangers Service Areas
Interstate 4 (Hillsborough County): From Interstate 275 to County Road 579 (Exit 10): operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. From County Road 579 to County Line Road: operates 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. weekdays.
Interstate 275: From the Sunshine Skyway Bridge north rest area to Bearss Avenue (Exit 53): operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Interstate 75 (Hillsborough County): From the Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway (Exit 256) to Bruce B. Downs Boulevard (Exit 270): operates from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. weekdays.
State Road 60 (Hillsborough County): From I-275 to Rocky Point on the Courtney Campbell Causeway. Operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please note: For emergency assistance, dial *FHP on your cell phone to reach the Florida Highway Patrol.
Speed limits have been lowered in certain areas of the construction zones, making 55 MPH the standard throughout many of the interstate construction areas. Make sure you stay within the posted speed limits, as speeding fines are doubled in Florida construction zones.
Double Speeding Fines
Florida Statutes provide for speeding fines to be doubled in work zones when workers are present. These fines can exceed $500 depending on the location and speed of the violation.
Driving Safely through Construction Zones
Here are our top ten tips on driving safely through our construction areas:
- WATCH FOR SIGNS...they will help guide you through the construction safely.
- GIVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME...plan a few additional minutes into your schedule for slowdowns and delays.
- USE CAUTION...watch out for construction vehicles and workers.
- DRIVE COURTEOUSLY...watch out for your safety and the safety of everyone else.
- KEEP YOUR VEHICLE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION...including making sure your vehicle has plenty of fuel.
- PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DRIVING...do not "rubberneck" or tailgate.
- SLOW DOWN...speed limits are being strictly enforced.
- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE...designate a driver who has not been drinking.
- CHECK THIS WEB SITE FOR CLOSURE INFORMATION...for the latest construction and travel advisories, make sure to find out how our work may affect your commute before you leave.
- BE PATIENT... we all have to bear some inconvenience if we want better, safer roads.
Night and day lane closures on the Selmon Expressway